Get the Best of Yourself Back!

Imagine freedom from bad habits and limiting beliefs. Feel what it is like to be comfortable in your own skin. 

As a certified hypnotherapist, I work with your subconscious mind to end habits that no longer serve you. Hypnotherapy assists life coaching when we may run into blocks. Hypnotherapy can stand on its own and does not have to be used in conjunction with life coaching. Examples of that include:

  1. Weight reduction
  2. Smoking cessation
  3. Relieving anxiety
  4. Pain management
  5. Increasing productivity
  6. Reducing stress
  7. Much more

We only operate with about 10% of our conscious mind. The remaining 90% of our mind is the subconscious. It is from the subconscious mind that we know how to brush our teeth, drive to work, make breakfast, etc. All habitual routines come from our subconscious mind. Therefore, when you want to change a habit, oftentimes to be effective you need to work at the subconscious level to break or change that habit since that is where it originates. It is when you are hypnotized that the hypnotist can reach the subconscious mind.

Many people have misconceptions about hypnosis. No, I will not have you squawk like a chicken (although I could, but that is saved for stage hypnotists for effect). A person is fully aware when they are hypnotized and always hear what the hypnotist is saying to them. It is imperative to have an introductory session so the hypnotist can better understand the situation. The best example I have for this is overeating. For me, to be most impactful I want to know if you are a comfort eater, have a sweat tooth, have a need to clean plate, etc. Sure, I can help you lose weight, but to know what your triggers and habits are will help me to better help you.

I can help you with blocks that you may have. Specifically, I can help with breaking bad habits such as smoking or over-eating. I can help you start healthy habits in your life. I can also help you with stress management.

Hypnotherapy is hypnosis whereby we work with your subconscious mind to change habits or instill new habits for a more successful life. Hypnosis uses Alpha and Theta states to create change.

Beta = The normal wakening state when you are fully aware of everything going on around you, including sights, sounds, smells, etc. You are in beta state when you are talking to your boss about an important project.

Alpha = This is the relaxed state, much like being in a daydream state. In this state you are able to access creativity and visualization. You are in this state when you are driving to work and realize you are there already without remembering every mile you just passed.

Theta = A deeper state of relaxation, and a very common state of hypnosis. Theta allows you to access memories. You are in this state when you are first falling asleep or first waking up from sleep, a bit groggy and “out of it” and feeling like a twilight state.

Delta = Occurs when you are sleeping and allows your body to heal. Your conscious mind is not aware of your surroundings. You are in this state when you are sound asleep.

My home office is in Northern Illinois for face-to-face appointments. However, hypnotherapy can also be done by web video such as Zoom or Skype.

Curious to learn more? Contact me using the form below and I will send you a brief discovery form to complete. From there we will schedule a 20-minute FREE session to review the form, determine next steps and confirm our personality fit. If it is determined we will work together, I will share with you a clear and concise quote for pricing and meeting schedule.